The Happiness Debate
We all want to be happy. Happiness makes us feel, well.. happy, confident, content, light, even invincible. For some, it seems to come naturally. Perhaps they have a genetic disposition for happiness?
Many of my life coaching and business or executive coaching clients complain about various issues, and the sub-text is always: I am not happy.
For many, these past couple of years have given little reason for happiness – economic crisis, market vicissitudes, lack of leadership, uncertainty about the future.
To be happy, most people need a stable income, work they enjoy, a loving family, supportive friends, a hobby, all of which create purpose, meaning and fulfillment.
Happiness can mean accomplishing plans, being successful, living at peace with oneself. It is about a life worth living.
Can we bring it out from within?
Worldly and daily concerns may distract us, so how about…
1. We take happiness seriously? It is be something to create and maintain.
2. Know what makes you happy and go for it.
3. Invest in the feeling. Take time to live with fulfillment and pleasure.
4. Do things that bring you joy and satisfaction.
5. Hire a life coach to help you.
6. Register for our seminars. They can really help you focus on what’s important.
7. Decide to be happy today. Now. What can you lose?… If it’s not in your genes, it could come from your brain.
More to follow soon…